Green Springs Highway Interchange Area Management Plan
The Green Springs Highway IAMP project will develop an Interchange Access Management Plan (IAMP) that identifies the location and design of a future interchange to improve the operations of The Dalles-California Highway (U.S. 97), Green Springs Highway (OR 66), and Lake of the Woods-South Klamath Falls Highway (OR 140) at the southwest edge of Klamath Falls. The interchange must improve highway-to-highway connectivity, safety, mobility, and provide bicyclists and pedestrians a better way to navigate through a rural, high-speed area. The plan must also:
- identify current accesses to the highways that will need to be relocated, consolidated, or closed,
- provide a design level of sufficient detail for the future interchange and associated street and intersection improvements to allow efficient local street connectivity,
- prepare for right of way purchases and easements during land use approval for any affected properties in the area,
- link appropriate land uses in the surrounding area to the capacity of the improved transportation system, and
- identify a funding strategy and cost sharing for needed improvements.